I am a first-year University of Washington student pursuing a Master of Science in Epidemiology. At the University of South Carolina (UofSC), I graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Public Health. I also worked as a COVID-19 contact tracer. Passions of mine include the natural sciences, technological applications, religion, and politics. On and off-campus alike, I have been involved in various professional organizations and activities. My research and graduate interests include infectious disease epidemiology, emerging infections, and vector-borne and zoonotic diseases in the one health field.
- Operations Assistant @ Brotman Braty Institute, September 2021–Present
- COVID Outbreak Response Worker @ UofSC University Health Services, July 2020–July 2021
- Research Assistant @ UofSC Laboratory of Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases, September 2018–December 2020
- Resident Mentor @ UofSC Housing, August 2018–May 2020
- Intern Lab Technician @ South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, November 2019–March 2020
- An Epidemiological Search for the Asian Longhorned Tick in South Carolina, American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Virtual, Poster Presentation, November 2020.
- Engaging Undergraduate Students in Entomological Research, Mid-Atlantic Mosquito Control Association, Greenville, SC, Poster Presentation, February 2020.
- An Investigation Into the Distribution of Urban Aedes spp. in the Coastal City, Charleston, SC, Society for Vector Ecology, San Juan, PR, Poster Presentation, September 2019.
- Member @ EcoHealth Alliance, June 2021–Present
- Member @ International Epidemiological Association, May 2021–Present
- Member @ American College Health Association, February 2021–Present
- Member @ One Health Commission, October 2018–Present
- Member @ Society for Vector Ecology, March 2020–March 2021
- Member @ Mid-Atlantic Mosquito Control Association, February 2020–February 2021
- Member @ American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, May 2019–Present
- Arnold School of Public Health Senator, Sustainability and Health & Safety Committees @ UofSC Student Government, March 2020–November 2020
- President & Co-Founder @ Association of Public Health Infectious Disease Students, October 2019–November 2020
- Member @ Public Health Society, February 2019–May 2019
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology @ UofSC via Dr. Melissa Nolan, December 2020
- Microbiology @ UofSC via Dr. Anil Datt, May 2019
- Ecology and Evolution @ UofSC via Dr. Robert Friedman, May 2019
- Infectious Disease Ecology @ UofSC via Dr. Robert Norman, December 2018
- Viruses & How to Beat Them: Cells, Immunity, Vaccines @ Tel Aviv University via EdX, March 2018
Honors & Awards
- Mu Chapter, Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health, induction, University of South Carolina, April 2021
- Magellan Scholar Award, $2,500, University of South Carolina, April 2020
- President’s Award, University of South Carolina, April 2020
- Outstanding Senior Award, University of South Carolina, March 2020